Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Alter Ego Rebel Princess

Today's polish, Alter Ego Rebel Princess was another polish from last May's Nouveau Geek box, inspired by our favorite royal rebel, Princess Leia. When I was initially thinking of this polish, I though it was more of a neutral along the lines of yesterday's Darling Diva Rey, but in reality, Rebel Princess is a "a gold-toned tan polish with holographic shimmer and flashes of pink flecks." This is more colorful than a standard beige neutral, the beautiful bronze-like color of this polish works as an elegant neutral with just the right amount of sparkle-- definitely suitable for a proud, elegant, stubborn rebel princess we know and love.

This had a pretty good formula-- a little sheer but flowed on the nail nicely and wasn't too thick or too thin. It also dried super quickly to a semi-matte finish, so I was able to get my whole manicure done in about 20 minutes! Love that! I did use three coats to make sure it had the opacity I wanted, but application was a breeze!



I know I've said it several times before, but sparkly bronze gold polishes are a favorite of mine, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I like this one a lot! It's a nice twist on a neutral with just a little more pizzazz than you would expect. This is probably the standout polish from the Nouveau Geek box in terms of color and application!


No comments:

Post a Comment